This is a Supported media tool for capturing screen and webcam recordings along with some advanced editing, captioning and annotation features.
Need to record your screen? Screencast-o-matic offers a great way to record yourself going over image, slides, websites and other content to teach your students something new.
Screencast-o-matic aims to be simple to use – both in creating and sharing your content. You can use advanced tools, beyond a simple screen recording, to add arrows, text and other annotations to your content.
You can find out more about this tool by watching the wealth of tutorial videos on their website.
Can I use it?
This tool is marked as Supported in the Teaching and Learning Ecosystem document, meaning while it may not integrate perfectly with Aula and may or may not use Single Sign on, it’s generally available to staff for teaching and learning. If you’re not sure how to get started, you can contact the Learning Enhancement Team to find out more.
How to install Screencast-O-Matic
You can use the desktop version for free simply by downloading and running it.
- Click Here to download the desktop version
- Open the downloaded file and run the installer
- When this has finished, start the application
- From the 3 options shown below, select “Team Plan”
- To access the Coventry University Group username and password for Screencast-O-Matic, follow this link:
CUG Screencast-O-Matic Login Details