BibliU is a Core resource tool for creating, annotating and sharing reading lists and materials with students.
The BibliU platform is key to the Flying Start scheme, as it provides each student with a free perpetual ebook version of required reading textbooks for each module. In addition, all students can access books on the discovery layer, which includes required readings from other courses, and the Thrive collection, covering health and wellbeing topics.
BibliU works with over 2,000 publishers to provide access to a wide range of content from open source and traditional publishers. Ebooks allow for better integration of readings throughout a module by providing links to specific chapters in Aula.
Thanks to BibliU, students can read textbooks and other materials on almost any device – seamlessly picking up where they left off and taking all their highlights and notes with them. Other benefits include:
- Texts can be read simultaneously by many readers allowing you to set group reading with confidence
- By copying the links you can direct students to a key chapter or pages of text with one click
- A built-in reference function to facilitate promotion of resources
- A facility for creating searchable annotations in the text for supporting students with note-making and awareness skills
- Introduces students to key academic texts to build their confidence before using the much greater range of items in Locate
You can learn more at https://bibliu.com and speak to your course director for more information about selecting materials for your students. Further support is available from the Library team in your own campus.
Can I use it?
This tool is marked as Core in the Teaching and Learning Ecosystem document, meaning it’s central to teaching and learning and available to all staff. Login for Core tools is typically via Single Sign on or you can contact the Learning Enhancement Team to find out more.